About THRIVE South Eastern Alberta
THRIVE South Eastern Alberta is comprised of a group of representatives from the community that initiated the development of the THRIVE Strategy. The group is made up of several individuals and organizations in our community including those with lived experience, Medicine Hat Community Housing Society, Medicine Hat & district Food Bank Association, City of Medicine Hat, Prairie Rose School Division, Medicine Hat College, YMCA of Medicine Hat, and community members at large.
By 2030, Medicine Hat will have ended poverty in all its forms, ensuring wellbeing for all.
Our Foundational Principles
- Everyone has an equal right to justice, education, personal security and privacy, work, cultural, political and recreational participation.
- Our approach is person-centered and community-driven.
- To end poverty, we must prevent it in the first place.
- Ending poverty and increasing wellbeing requires a collective effort
- Social change requires innovation.
Executive Director & CEO
- Karen Danielson
Council of Champions
- Co-Chair – Chris Hellman
- Co-Chair – Jaime Rogers
- Secretary/Treasurer – Travis Beck
- Director – Ted Clugston
- Director – David Petis
- Director – Lisa Pkrusic
- Director – Antonio Samayoa
- Director – Colette Smithers
- Director – Celina Symmonds
- Director – Reagan Weeks